20 April 2009

Petal Pizzaz x Two

Another duo of cards, this time one is a DL card and the other a C6. I am going to have to put my stash away soon and get on with some work in the garden now the warmer weather is here. Trouble is, once I put it away I start to get ideas and it gradually comes out again bit by bit. Must be addicted, I think!

For the DL Card I used the roller It's beautiful with night of navy ink onto bashful blue card. I stamped the large flower stamp from Petal Pizzazz with bashful blue ink and then edged the stamp with the night of navy marker just to give it some dimension. The other two blue flowers are cut down to the centre and I then used a large embossing tool in the centre bring them forward and finished with a rhinestone brad. I had to make a box as it would flatten the flower if I were to put it in an envelope. I finished with the bashful blue striped ribbon and a button from the rich regals set. I used the linen thread in the button. The sentiment is from Very Versatile and punched with the oval punches. The scalloped edge is done with the scalloped edge punch.The second image also uses the wheel It's Beautiful on to whisper white card. I used the round scallop punch for the base of the flower and cut it towards the centre every two scallops, sponged it with night of navy ink. For the rest of the flower I did the same as I have already explained above and finished with a pearl from the pretties kit. The ric rac (don't know if that is the correct spelling) is made with the scallop edge and night of navy grosgrain ribbon run through the middle.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh no. I think I'm going to have to get that wheel now. These two are so pretty and the blues make such a change for flowers - refreshing. Sara xx