06 April 2009

Quilts?

Hi there, today I have played with an idea by Dawn Griffith, I do find her so inspiring. It consists of cutting squares of DSP into 11/4" squares, sticking them onto a base card and then cutting out the shape you want. Dawn used the Top Note die which we do not have over here as yet, so I improvised and used the Labels 4 Nestabilities to achieve the shape. The crosses are hand drawn to give the effect of quilting. The stamp set is Oval All. A very simple technique, especially for me if I have to use free hand.The colours for this card are old olive and whisper white card stock. The background is Sanded and the sentiment comes from the stamp set Oval All together with the two oval punches. I do love these punches. I finished off with an olive green ribbon.The colours for this card are kraft and basic gray, both colours are from the Neutrals family. The ribbon is also kraft.

1 comment:

Mae Collins said...

Hi Ann
I will have to case this card of yours as my mum is a keen quilter and this would just suit her so well.