29 July 2009

Square Bag

A couple of months ago a dear friend asked me to make her 80th birthday invitations. I used fresh cut notes to make the invitations and then made a little bag to hold them. I thought I was being so clever making this bag and then, since I have been looking on other demonstrators blogs, several people have been making this bag. This is not the bag I made for my friend, it is one I have made since. The card stock is bravo burgundy and barely banana. I don't know if you can see in the photograph but I used the faux tile technique on the first mat and sponged the card. the little purse is suspended on a strip of acetate to hold it proud from the bag.

2 comments:

Sarah B said...

Blimey Ann, this is a gorgeous bag, I might just have to case it. I love the little purse, how is it made, Maybe you should now do tutorials, Great job, Hugs Sarah B X

Ann Wills said...

Thanks again Sarah, can't do tutorials, I leave that to you clever ones. I did make it with scallops from the nesties, cut one shorter and scored the top of the other one, a strip of card stock cut on both sides at intervals to enable it to bend and glued them together. More luck than judgement.