15 August 2009

Commissioned Cards

As I said in my previous post, it has been busy with visitors this last week, they have now all departed and the dog is sulking, he obviously enjoys visitors. Will spend the first part of next week clearing the decks. It has been really nice having family about.

During all the chaos I received requests for some handmade cards, so I thought I would share them with you. My niece is also a demo and gave me some inspiration for this first card. The photography is not great, as I have said before photography is not one of my talents, but I hope it gives you the idea.
This card is not totally SU, I have used various handmade embellishments for this 2 year old card. This is first time I have made this style of card. The design papers and card stock are all SU. The colours are pixie pink, pumpkin pie and whisper white.Recipe:
Stamp Set: A rose is a rose
Card Stock: Whisper white, elegant eggplant and almost amethyst (one of my favourite combinations).I used Design Series Papers with a template I found in one of my craft magazines. The letters are stamped with a large alphabet onto the same papers and cut out.Recipe:
Stamp Set: Cheers To You
Card Stock: Real red, whisper white and night of navy.

3 comments:

memory-scrap said...

They are great, I'm surprised you had anything left in you after being so busy with visitors! My faves are definatley the 2 year old card (very,very pretty) and the dad birthday. How great to be asked to make for others, such a compliment. Love Jane x

Lynda Moss said...

Great cards, my faves are the same as Jane's too!

Just to let you know you have put the wrong stamp set down for the 40 card, it's not Tart & Tangy ;)

Hope Zac cheers up, he'll remember how much he loves to have you to himself!

Ann Wills said...

Thanks Lynda, made the correction, I always get those two mixed up.