08 September 2009

Requested Cards

Hi everyone, been absent again. I had a class last Saturday and it took me a while to prepare for, ie cutting card etc.

My husband asked me to make a card for his Mum and a lady where he works wanted a card for her friend who is on her way to college to study fashion, so I really had to put my thinking hat on and this is what I came up with.

For this rose card I was very much inspired by Monica, another of our demonstrators. Monica is very talented and inspirational with her projects.

I used the stamp set A Rose is a Rose. The colours I used are ruby red, chocolate chip, whisper white and certainly celery.
I remembered I had seen in one of my craft magazines a template for a fashionable young girl. I hunted through and found this. I re sized the template and printed it a couple of times. I cut out the girl and then cut out the dress, shoes and hair piece. I then stamped the dress and shoes with the stamp set Baroque Motifs in night of navy. The flowers are from a now retired punch called three for you. The bag I made with the 1 1/4" punch and again stamped with Baroque Motifs. I also used more mustard, bravo burgundy and whisper white card.

Thanks for looking

1 comment:

Zoë said...

Ann I love the Mum card it is beautiful and the good luck card is full of fun. Hope it was a successful class! Hugs Zx