03 January 2010

ILWS January 2010 Cup Challenge

Last night ILWS had their January 2010 Cup Challenge. It consisted of four challenges starting on the hour of 7.00pm. We had 45 mins to make the card and 15 mins to upload. It was brilliant but takes you right out of your comfort zone - it is a feeling of panic for a while. We were allocated teams so we don't know yet which team is the winner, some of the members managed two or more cards for each challenge, I have to admit to only one per challenge. Firstly the pictures I post will be of my craft area after the challenges were completed. I had done a little clearing between the challenges but there were punches, stamp sets and card etc everywhere. It was great fun and I will definitely do it again.The first challenge was a sketch challenge where we are given a basic sketch and then you, with your own colour and stamp choice make up the card. I used night of navy, bordering blue and whisper white.
The second challenge was to create a card without any embellishments of any kind, on using card, inks and paper. The third was really difficult, we were given six colours and we were allowed to add neutrals ie black or white. I must admit I do not like this card very much but at least it used all the colours. I think Monica was out to really push us. The colours were regal rose, cameo coral, apricot appeal, old olive, pretty in pink and bashful blue. The stamp set is Flight of the Butterfly.The final challenge was to use the masking technique and the embellishments were to be household items, the only thing I could find (bearing in mind you have only 45 mins) was some pins with pretty coloured heads. The masking is in the background with the medallion and french script background stamps.

I will definitely do it again. I think the idea is to do one challenge per quarter. Good job, I would not like to be under that pressure regularly,.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

brilliant cards - it must have been a challenge just keeping up-hope you enjoyed yourself - best wishes Lesley x