04 March 2010

Butterflies

Hello, I haven't been about for a few days, I have been busy though. I am going to a Stampin Up training day in a couple of weeks and I have been busy making the swaps. I had almost finished 20 and then I found out there will be 30 people attending. Ouch, so I had to get some more on the go. Also they have a category on the day for a demonstrators choice. This is when we try and make something special. Not too sure quite what it is all about, but I have been making project. I cannot show this project yet or the swaps. It might spoil it before the event.

Anyway, in between all this I have done a couple of things.

Not sure what this style of this card is called. I got the idea from Jenny Moors. Jenny made it for easter using A Good Egg stampset, I used flight of the butterfly.
The colours for this are whisper white, pale plum and perfect plum. The inks are also pale plum and perfect plum. The paper is from the Pale Plum designer papers.This card is made using kraft, close to cocoa and chocolate chip cardstock. The bug is made from the oval punches. I stamped the heart from the simply said stamp set onto vellum and coloured with marker pens. The colours and the sketch layout were a challenge set by ILWS.

No comments: