18 March 2010

My Demo Choice

Well, here it is my demo choice. The template for the watering can came from a very clever American demo on SCS. The flowers are from another tutorial on ILWS. It took quite a long time to make the flowers, each flower is made up of eight scalloped circles in chocolate chip and pretty in pink.
There are 10 flowers, two per stem. There are also two flowers one each side of the watering can, not quite so many layers. Each scallop had to be slightly cut on the scallops, made wet and screwed up. So you can imagine I was at it for quite a while. The stem are sticks which I sponged with old olive ink. The tall leaves also from old olive card stock.


This is a close up of the flowers
The gift box is chocolate chip card with acetate. The ribbon is 1" chocolate grosgrain and pretty in pink 1/2" striped grosgrain. The sentiment is from the stamp set sincere salutations. The buttons are made to match the chocolate chip designer papers.

I was then asked to do something special for someones 60th Birthday. So I decided to do another one, in fact I did two. I used rose red and regal rose and alternated the colours on each one.You can only imagine how many scallops I punched, cut and watered. I did enjoy it and I must say I have been really pleased with the results.
This is the second one, as you can see the box is made from regal roseAdd Image

8 comments:

Julie said...

This project is amazing and would be so perfect for an aunt's 50th birthday that i have coming up - did you design the gift bag yourself or do you know where there may be a tutorial for it?? - I do hope you dont think i'm being cheeky but I think it looks so totally amazing [Like all your work]
Have a great day - Ju xx

Teri said...

ohh my goodness Ann! These are some of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen! They are stunning!

Teri xx

Need More Time to Craft said...

On my Ann, these are absolutly stunning. Love them.
Carole x

Sarah B said...

These Watering Cans are absolutely stunning, You have done a wonderful job, Ever thought of doing a demo on the flowers, Hugs SaraH B X

Jo said...

Oh Anne, your creation is absolutely stunning!Well done and congratulations!

Natalie said...

Absolutely gorgeous - no wonder you won the Demo Choice - congratulations! x

Ruth said...

I was lucky enough to see this in real lifed and it was just GORGEOUS! I was also lucky enough to recieve a swap from Ann

Stamp Happy Jackie said...

Oh Ann I can only echo everything everyone has said I am so glad you won the demonstrators choice the watering can and flowers are absolutely stunning. I thought the pale plum was amazing enough when you first showed it to me but the pink one is just so so beautiful.
Love
Jackie