22 April 2010

On Board Art Journal

This is one of Stampin' Up!'s on board journals.  They are about 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" and are have plain chipboard covers.  The spiral punch from Stampin' Up! enables you to punch out the spirals so the front is totally covered.  You don't have to cover it but it is fun.  EmmaC, one of our demonstrators, gave some tips to enable us to get this accurate.  It was really useful, so thanks Emma.
Anyway now to show what I did.   I used the speciality papers from the new mini catalogue, I quite like black and white.  I also used plain black card and the scalloped edge punch.  The little bird on a branch is punched using the new large bird punch, again, from the new mini catalogue.  The ribbon is the wide striped ribbon together with the satin white ribbon.  The little flowers are punched using the bo ho blossoms punch.  I covered the whole journal, the back and the insides.  I used basic black on the insides with a mat of the designer paper.

I also stamped the first page, just because I could.  I used the Medallion and French Script background stamps and the flowers from the new Vintage Vogue stamp set.  I am not sure yet what I will use it for but I had a great time playing.

No comments: