16 April 2010

Vintage Vogue and Friends

I was doing a bit of blog hopping today and on Alex Hau's blog she had some beautiful cards she had made with flowers.  One of them was using the stamp set Simply Said.  I have not used this set for a long time so I totally cased the layout of Alex's card using real red.  So thanks Alex for the inspiration.

I then went on and did some more using Vintage Vogue (I think it probably my favourite set of the moment.


This is very similar to the layout of one of Alex's cards.  Alex used A Rose is a Rose.
I used lavender lace, certainly celery and whisper white.  The sentiment is the new single stamp from the new mini catalogue.  The background is the large accent stamp, also from the mini.
 

This card was made using elegant eggplant, almost amethyst and whisper white, the leaves are stamped using certainly celery ink.  The small butterfly is from Flight of the Butterfly and the sentiment is from Wow Flowers.

Finally for this card I used the large background stamp Bella Toile.  I used the kissing technique using lovely lilac ink on the large flower accent stamp. I tried to achieve the spotlight technique.  The base card is old olive card stock.

Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Alex said...

Oh Ann, these cards are lovely! I'm flattered that you cased me, you did a great job!

Love the Vintage Vogue card and how you used the Thank You individual stamp with the Word Window punch.

Have a good weekend,

Alex x

Stamp Happy Jackie said...

Hi Ann,
Once again such beautiful cards Ann and you are right the thank you stamp is really lovely, may have to think about getting next order.