26 May 2010

Photographs

Finally for the moment I just thought I would post a couple of pictures of the view from Lynda's house. As in the UK we are in spring going into summer (I hear from my husband how hot is has been in the UK) in Australia they are in autumn going into winter so the temperature here so far has been approximately 14-15.

What you can see is the cloud over the River Derwent. it's local name is the 'Bridgewater Gerry'. I think it is quite spectacular, it is at times like these I wish I could be more proficient with a camera (not very often do I feel like that I hasten to add).

It is lovely to see the boys, they are growing so fast, the eldest is now only 1" shorter than me. A few years ago I had to get a steps out to reach into a top cupboard, he laughed so much as his Mum is quite tall and never needs to do that, so he has been waiting for the day he will be taller than grandma. I am only 5' 2" so he didn't have far to go.

Where Lynda lives they often get kangaroos and wallaby in the garden, have not seen any yet although I look very carefully each morning.

No comments: