29 July 2010

Away

I am really sorry but since I have been home, two weeks now, I have only had time for a small amount of crafting, ie getting a class together for next Saturday.

Firstly, when I returned, my husband had done his best to keep the garden under control but with working full time and the dog to look after it was a big ask. Anyway, a couple of days trying to recuperate from jet lag etc we were outside cutting back the bushes, removing a huge pampas grass from the ground as well as a rather large palm tree and fir tree. It now looks less wild although there is still a lot to to do.

Secondly we needed to paint the lounge, why, when you start a job, do you wish you hadn't. Now it is finished I am glad we have done it as it was well past its sell by date.

We went for neutral colours as it meant that we did not have to replace curtains and carpets. It feels a lot brighter and cleaner.

You can just see the Breed Apart frogs I have in the small alcove. The ones on the top shelf remind me of my three grandsons. A thinker, an action man and a lounger.

Now back to what this blog is all about. I was going to do a class on using the Stamp'n Write Markers but the lady who requested the class before I went away is on holiday so I will wait until she returns.

I had to put on my thinking cap and came up with the cards and box below.

I used lavender lace and chocolate chip card stock and designer papers. The giant daisy is from the pretties kit in the current catalogue. In the pretties kit there are several sizes of flowers in white which can then be died to the colour you require with the ink pads or marker pens, getting exactly the colour match you want.


I used the stamp sets Special Blessings and Mr and Mrs for these two cards. I brayered the design paper Bride, available in the current catalogue, with lavender lace ink. One of the cards is made using acetate and the flower is coloured using the lavender lace ink.


I have seen the baby pram made on other blogs, I used the scallop circle and scallop edge and then the circle punches for the wheels.

I used a selection of different sentiments as I wanted them to be different from the regular Happy Birthday etc.

1 comment:

Need More Time to Craft said...

Hi Ann, It's great to have you back blogging again.
Carole x