24 December 2010

Just Believe

Hi, have not blogged for a while. My husband had an operation and has been home for four weeks and my mo jo seems to have been a bit lost. So I have made some cards but , I have to admit, that some of them have been cased from other demonstrators. As it has been over the last few weeks I really cannot remember who originally made the cards so my apologies to any demonstrator who was the original designer.

These cards are all made using the Just Believe stamp set.

This is very much a cased card. A demonstrator over on SCS put up a tutorial. It is quite time consuming and intricate but I think it is worth it.

The colours for this card are elegant eggplant and pink pirouette. The background is made by using a sponge to dab the colour on the large French Script background punch and stamp. This gives a softer and more uneven effect.

For the card on the left I used the colours elegant eggplant and pink pirouette, the card on the right is night of navy and bashful blue with whisper white on both cards. I also used the the scallop trim border punch, the corner rounder and the modern label punch.

The card below is definitely a case of another demonstrators card. The technique tho is not, it is the shadow technique. To achieve this effect you need to stamp the image first in a lighter colour and then again, slightly offset in the stronger colour. This is where the Stampamajig comes into its own.

The colours for the final card are peach parfait and pear pizzaz, two of the new in colours from the catalogue. I also used the scallop trim border and scallop trim corner. The ribbon is pear pizzaz

1 comment:

Alison xx said...

Beautiful cards,Ann. Well done.