16 February 2011

Sad Card

Sadly my Brother-in-Law in South Africa died on Monday. He had a very long battle with cancer and is now free from pain. He has left behind my sister, their three boys and several grandchildren, all of whom live in South Africa. I can only imagine the pain that they are suffering at this moment. As a large family, we are all so far away to give support to our sister but she knows how much we are thinking of her and the boys and have sent her many cyber hugs.

Don loved South Africa, they moved there in 1967. One of Don's loves, and my sister, was visiting the Kruger Wildlife Park. We travelled out there for a holiday and he so loved to show his visitors the wonders of the South African wildlife. With this in mind I made this card for my sister and her family.

I think we all know, as card makers, how hard it is to make a card for a loved one but one has to put your feelings aside and think, hopefully, that it will mean so much for those who are left behind. So all I can say now is, Rest in Peace Don, you will never be forgotten.

4 comments:

Zoë said...

Sorry to hear of your family's loss Ann. I'm in no doubt that your sister knows you are sending your support and your card is beautiful and a lovely tribute to your brother in law. Thinking of you all at this sad time. Zoëx

Susan Hogan said...

Lovely card Anne, and I am sorry to hear of your loss as well. It is hard to be so far away when trouble visits. You can see in the card the love and thought that has gone into making it. Take care.

Leonie said...

Sorry to hear of your sad news, your card here is very peaceful.

Sandra c said...

Sorry for your loss anne.a