07 February 2011

Salabration and Obvious by my Absence

I know I have been very obvious by my absence just recently and I do apologise but I promise I have not been idle. Firstly I had to have my dog put to sleep last week for reasons I won't go into but it hit myself and my husband quite hard.

Secondly, I registered for a Training Day which happened on Sunday and I was asked by the lovely Monica if I would be in one of the demo booths, well after picking myself up off the floor in shock, I spoke to Monica and we decided I would do some samples etc using the SU Stampamajig (stamp positioner).

So I set to work and came up with the following samples. I won't put all the details of every card as it would take me forever. So I will just put a few explanations here and there. You may well have to carry on to the previous page as there are quite a lot.

Most of the cards are made using the stamp sets from the Sale-a-Bration promotion which ends at the end of February.
-
I was having a clear out recently and came across this template I must have purchased some time ago and the idea for these plaques was born. I thought for fun I would do a thank you plaque for Monica and Bekka as their training days are such fun.


I stamped this using all the colours from the Brights collection. - Stamp set Bliss

I used the SMJ on the sentiment on this card to show how you can use part wording and position the last part of the word underneath. Stamp set Printed Petals.


Wow this one was fun. The background is stamped with Cute by the Inch (Hostess level 2) in pumpkin pie and pumpkin pie. I made the frosting with salt, flour, reinker and the heat gun.

Masking, sponging and the SMG for this one

Vellum and whisper white ink. The branch is from another set (can't remember the name) and is mirrored.

Sweet summer used to make a swirly background.

Would you believe this, I photographed this card on its side. Unfortunately I do not have the card any longer but I think you get the idea. Stamped from the centre of the whisper white card.

I used Tiny Tags stamp set, again stamping from the centre of the whisper white card.

Early espresso, pumpkin pie. A shadow effect using crumb cake and then, using the Stampamajig, stamping the darker colour slight off the shadow.

Pumpkin pie, and early espresso. The stamp set is Fast and Fabulous


Here are a few 3D projects I made again using the Stampamajig to position the images. The image on the box is not a Sale-a-Bration set, it from the stamp set Just Believe.

Pear pizzazz, garden green and white.



The card and box below, like those above are made using the stampamajig (stamp positioner) for the images. The colours are marina mist, crumb cake and whisper white.



Below are the swaps I made for the Training Day. There was about 50 people attending and we really had a great time.


Pacific blue, melon mambo and whisper white


Peach parfait and concord crush and whisper white


Bashful blue, pretty in pink

Sorry not give you more details but as there are so many cards I would be here all night. If there is anything you really want to know, just e-mail me and I will get back to you.

Thanks so much for looking

4 comments:

Julie said...

WOW!!! You have been a very busy lady!! Such gorgeous creations ann as always! Had a great day saturday,cant wait for next time! Julie xx

MONICA GALE said...

WOW !!! How lovely is to see all your lovely samples again. You have worked so hard and I am so grateful you accepted to share your talent with us all. As you know everyone was blown away by your gorgeous work. I am forever grateful for your friendship
THANK YOU
Lots of big hugs xxx

Rachel said...

So sorry to hear about your doggy, they might be a handful but they always leave a big hole.

I love the plate like ones - I want to do something in blue for my Aunts Birthday like that as she collects blue and white pottery!! What a fab idea. Also the rondel type ones a bit like the plates but not - with the tags set - gorgeous - lots of inspiration

Hugs

Rachel

Alison xx said...

Oh My Goodness !!! What wonderful cards, each and every one of them.
If I had to pick a favourite it would be the bright butterflies, but they are all fantastic!!!!!