01 April 2011

From the new Mini

Well. as the following pictures show I have been quite busy making cards with some of the new sets in the Mini Catalogue.

We now have the Big Shot in the catalogue and a lot of the dies are specially commissioned by Stampin' Up! All the demonstrators are absolutely delighted with the new catalogue.

This first card is made using the new stamp set Plane and Simple. It is brilliant for men and really lends itself to a vintage look.

I used basic black and whisper white card stock and the Newsprint papers. The DAD is from our rub-ons. I also used our distressing kit and the word window punch.

I made this card for my Mother in Law for Mothers' Day. The colours are baja breeze, cajun craze and pear pizzazz.


The beautiful butterflies is the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die. I actually coloured the die before I put it through the Big Shot.

I made a mask with a post it note using our large heart punch and stamped the two step stamping set Baby Blossoms from the new Mini around the outside and then put a picture of my husband and his mum in the centre. His Mum is 91, I think she looks fabulous for her age. The side panels are stamped using the wonder Just Believe stamp set. The ribbon is the gorgeous seem binding in baja breeze.

These three cards are made using the stamp Strength and Hope. It is a set that for every set sold Stampin' Up! will donate £1.00 to Breast Cancer Research, a really good cause.

For the card above I cut out the front of the card using the wonderful Top Note die.

The card below is cajun craze, more mustard and whisper white card stock. That butterfly is beautiful.


Now this is a case of a card by the very talented Kirsteen Gill, an Amercian demonstrator. When I saw Kirsteen's card I really wanted to have a go, so thanks Kirsteen for sharing.

The card is made by punching out several (felt like hundreds) of little flowers using the new itty bitty punches, sponging the edges and then securing them to half a polystyrene ball with pins and covering the pinhead with little pearls. I have to admit that I did not cover every pin head.

I then went a stage further and found some small polystyrene balls and using the same technique above I sponged the edges using melon mambo.

I did not stick pins in this time I used our Tombo glue to stick the flowers on and then put a pearl in the centre. The whisper white card is cut using the Top Note die and the little side pieces (also Kirsteen's idea) are punched using the new Decorative Label Punch. The leaves are the Sizzlits Little Leaves die.

I don't think you can quite see that the card below is actually embossed using the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder. The butterflies are, as before, cut out using the Beautiful Butterflies Embosslits die which I also coloured the die prior to putting through the Big Shot. A very simple card, in fact is was the first card I made when I received my pre-order. I cut out the butterflies and just wanted somewhere to put them.

This card is made using the Baby Blossoms stamp set.

The colours are concord crush, whisper white and blusing bride. The ribbon is blushing bride and the little butterflies are from the stamp set Itty Bitty

And finally, if you are still with me, the last card using Baby Blossoms. The label image in the centre enables you to use the wide oval punch to take out the centre. Then the piece you have cut out can be adhered to the card and the outside frame adhere with dimensionals. It gives a really good effect, not quite sure the photograph captures it. I have seen several cards not disimilar on our demo website.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! You have been a busy lady!!
Just stunning ann your creations are gorgeous julie x

Stamp Happy Jackie said...

Oh! Ann they are all so beautiful, each one a masterpiece.
Love
Jackie xx