05 June 2011

Quilting Effect with Big Shot

The following cards are all made using the same technique. Punching squares from designer papers and gluing them on (as straight as possible) then cutting the shape with a Big Shot die and then putting them through the machine again with the Square Lattice embossing folder. It gives an amazing effect.


It also looks effective if you do faux cross stitching on the joins. I did it on one of the cards but my free hand can be somewhat unsteady and I am never sure whether to push my luck or not on a card that has taken a while to create.

The card above had been created using the round scallop die, exclusive to SU. I used one of the bevelled window frames with a little flower showing under secured by pear pizzazz seam binding ribbon. These little frames are beautiful, they have little slits on each side to enable you to thread ribbon through.


After punching out the squares using the Springtime Vintage DSP I cut out with the Big Shot using the exclusive to SU, Top Note Die. I also put the bottom layer pear pizzazz card stock through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot embossing folder. The sentiment is stamped on one of the Lots of Tags dies and the backed by the decorative label punch.


This card was my trial run The papers are from stock that has now retired but the colours are crumb cake and cajun craze.

3 comments:

Mae Collins said...

Ann these are great, I love your use of the bevelled windows to prop the easel cards up. I have made a quilted card previously but now I have the embossing folders I will add that extra dimension to them too. They are a hit with my mum and her friends who are keen quilters!

Stamp Happy Jackie said...

Wow Ann you have been busy they are all so lovely I really love the quilted ones especially the scalloped circle, absolutely great.
love Jackie xx

Susan Hogan said...

Great cards Anne - love the impression of quilting.