07 September 2011

Pop Up Cards

I was asked to make two birthday cards for the same person. The information that I was given was to make one card with mince pies popping up and the other with a barbecue and caravan. I have never made pop up cards before so it was quite a challenge. I tried to use punches as much as possible. In the past I had found punch art for a steak pie, so I slightly adapted and made mince pies dusted at the top with some dazzling diamonds. The barbecue was also some punch art I found and added some silver shimmer paint to create a chrome look.

The canopy was from a card we made at one of Monica's training days. It just goes to prove that these training days really do help with inspiration.

Obviously to the recipient it will mean something so I really hope they are successful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have just found your website after seeing 2 cards made and to be surprise these are the cards!!! They were made for my mother in law's birthday today :) She LOVED the cards and I was also impressed! They are fab xx