06 January 2012

Double Dutch Fold Baby Card

One of my nieces is due to have a baby next week via C Section. Due to quite serious injuries she received horse riding a couple of years ago, she is unable to give birth naturally as her pelvis has been pinned together so, obviously, she could not deliver naturally. Just before Christmas she found out that the baby was going to be a girl so she has named her Ella May, I think I may of mentioned this in an earlier post, so forgive me for repeating myself (getting old).

This image on this card was inspired from a card I saw on ILWS, I have had this stamp set for a long time but I have to say I do not make the most of it and seeing it used as a baby card jolted my memory.

My niece Jackie, sent me the folds for this card so, with both ideas I produced this.


The colours I used are to match a banner I made recently to go above the baby's cot. Riding Hood Red, Naturals Ivory and Very Vanilla. The stamps sets are a mixture of All in the Family, Bundle of Joy and Little Additions. I coloured the images with the markers and a blender pen.

It is an unusual shape card (which I love to do) so thanks Jackie for introducing it to me. This is one of the wonderful things about the crafting world, people will always share their ideas.

No comments: