23 May 2012

Boxes

When is a box not a box? when it holds a card and present at the same time.    This box is called a stepper compartment box.   I made this from a tutorial from an American demonstrator Kirsteen Gill

Kirsteen used the brand new diagonal scoreboard from Stampin' Up!.   I have to say, I love the new scoreboards.

The colours for this are chocolate chip and baja breeze designer papers.   The flower is made using the scallop circle punch.   The stamp set is an SU retired set.


I made little acetate lids for the boxes as it mean that whatever I put in the boxes will not fall out.

I put some ribbon, brads, buttons and eyelets in the compartments.

This is the same box but using different colours, cherry cobbler, love this colour.   The stamp set I used is Just Believe in the main catalogue, another one of my favourite sets.

 I must admit, using the diagonal scoreboard made the process so much easier so thanks Kirsteen for the great tutorial.


Finally using the same length measurements for the box card above and using the full A4 width, scoring 2 1/4" (for the base of the box) I made this little box.  I used the Chamomile wheel from the Summer mini and then the itty bitty punches and pearls for the flowers.  The top is made from narrow strips of card stock curled.


The colours are soft suede and very vanilla, my niece's favourite colours of the moment.  I have to agree Jackie they are quite scrummy.

2 comments:

Stamp Happy Jackie said...

These are beautiful Ann, I love the idea of a lid for each box. I put mint imperials in mine and it was knocked over and they all fell out going everywhere.
Lots of love
Jackie xxx

Zoë said...

Wow you've been busy. These look fabulous Ann. Hope all well with you and yours. Zx