29 January 2013

Oh Dear

Hi all

If you have visited my blog and nothing has changed since last September then I apologise.

Unfortunately, towards the end of last year we had some very sad news, one of my sisters (I have three sisters and two brothers) who lived in South Africa passed away suddenly. It was quite a shock for us all and has taken a while to get the head round it, especially as I had only been speaking to her on Skype a week or two before.  So whilst I have still been crafting I don't seem to have had the heart to play with the photos and post.

I did a craft fair prior to Christmas I did take some pictures but I think the moment has passed and we are now in the new year so I won't post, apart from one at the bottom of this post, any further pictures.

Anyway onwards and upwards as they say.  New Year new header, a bit plain but it suits for now.

This is made partly with a new stamp set mixed with a retired set.  The oval framelits are in the new Spring/Summer catalogue which launches next month.

The easel card is made with the new hearts framelits which are also in the Spring/Summer catalogue and the stamp set is called Hearts a Flutter.  Also I have used the stamp set Serene Silhouettes and a little butterfly stamp from a Sale-a-bration set, which also launches next month, you know, spend £45.00 and get a free stamp set, and lastly the small butterfly punch which again is in the forthcoming Spring/Summer catalogue.


This is a very simple card stamped with Hearts a Flutter stamp set (the stamp set also has a set of matching dies).  I used the masking technique.

 

A step card using the Oval Framelits and the two step stamp set Stippled Blossoms.  I really love this set.

   
I also used the large scallop trim die and the itty bitty punches and stamp set.  The sentiment is from my old stash but just seems to fit the stamp set.


On the left the Stamp set Field Flowers using island indigo and pool party in coloursThe ribbon is from the Sale-a-bration offer.

On the right similar card using Serene Silhouettes





 Again, a simple card.  The centre is stamped with Flowering Flourishes and the hearts are cut using the Hearts Framelits in the glimmer card from the main catalogue.












Using white shimmer card stock this card is made using the Daydream Medallion stamp set and the Medallion framelits.  It took me a little working out to get the layers right but I was quite pleased with the end result.


 Using the Clockworks stamp set from the main catalogue.
 

Using one of the Sale-a-bration sets, Bloomin MarvelousThere really are some nice goodies in the Sale-a-Bration brochure this year.


Using the Hearts a flutter stamp set and die, the Flowering Flourishes stamp set.  Spot the deliberate mistake!



My step daughter is getting married this year and this is what she has chosen for her invitations.   I used raspberry ripple ink with the Stippled Blossoms stamp set and the Framelits Labels die.










 I made this using the Medallion Framelits and stamp set and also the Stippled Blossoms stamp set, said I loved this set before.  The idea is from another demonstrator, Sue Robinson (not my sister, she just happens to have the same name).  So thanks Sue for this wonderful idea.












Finally as I said at the beginning of the post these are the little houses I made for the craft fair.  I saw the idea on the internet 
whilst trawling through for Christmas ideas.   They are actually boxes, the roof is made using the petal cone die from the main catalogue.


I will say farewell for now, thanks for looking and, hopefully, will be back again soon with a shorter post.


1 comment:

MrsC.x said...

sorry to hear your sad news Ann my thoughts are with you.
Lovely projects hope to see you at training soon.
all the best
Charlie.xx